Correlation Between Resistive Index and Serum Creatinine in Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy

Authors

  • Amir Khan Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan
  • Aliya Ahmed Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan
  • Muzammil Rasheed Bhutta Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan
  • Ibtesam Zafar Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan
  • Muhammad Nasir Naeem Khan Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan
  • Jovaria Ehsan Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.51253/pafmj.v73i2.7625

Keywords:

Creatinine, Diabetic Nephropathy, Resistive index(RI)

Abstract

Objective: To evaluate the renal resistive index (RI) and serum creatinine correlation in patients with diabetic nephropathy.

Study Design: Cross-sectional study

Place and Duration of Study: Department of Radiology, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Pakistan, from Nov 2020 to Apr 2021.

Methodology: This study was conducted on 80 patients. Doppler renal artery sonography was carried out, and for all the individuals with controlled blood pressure, gender, age, urinary protein, serum creatinine and HBA1c were recorded.

Results: In our study, 42(52%) patients were females, whereas the remaining 38(48%) were males. The mean age was observed to be 49.15±11.91 years. A significant positive correlation (r=0.53) was found between Resistive Index and Serum Creatinine.The correlation co-efficient values between Resistive Index and Serum Creatinine in female and male patients were r=0.58 and r=0.47, respectively.

Conclusion: The present study concluded that RI had no significant statistical correlation with albuminuria, proteinuria and HbA1c levels. However, a statistical correlation between RI and creatinine level was reported.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Downloads

Published

18-04-2023

Issue

Section

Original Articles

How to Cite

1.
Khan A, Ahmed A, Bhutta MR, Zafar I, Khan MNN, Ehsan J. Correlation Between Resistive Index and Serum Creatinine in Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy. Pak Armed Forces Med J [Internet]. 2023 Apr. 18 [cited 2024 Jun. 15];73(2):435-38. Available from: https://pafmj.org/PAFMJ/article/view/7625