Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The study is not incomplete or descriptive observational study.
The manuscript is composed of a SINGLE Microsoft Word file without author identifiers (names of authors or any other clue which may disclose identity of authors to peer reviewers).
The TITLE of the manuscript is written at the top of the first page. The tables and figures are placed at appropriate places WITHIN the text instead of putting them at the end. All manuscript should be typed in double spacing on A-4 paper (8.25” x 11.70” = 21.0 cms x 29.70 cms) white bond paper with one inch (2.5 cms) margin on both sides.
- The manuscript is on the format given in 'Information to Authors' and the references are in Vancouver style with citation numbers as superscript in the manuscript.
- Title page has been prepared in accordance with the specimen given on PAFMJ website.
- Author certificate has been duly signed by all authors and Corresponding Author has been clearly mentioned (sequence of authors will not be changed and authors will neither be added nor deleted once the manuscript is submitted to PAFMJ).
- Approval letter of Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Ethical Review Committee (ERC) has been attached
- The article words count for quantitative study should be in range 2000 - 2500 words (excluding references and abstract) with at least 18-25 references and 3–5 figures or tables. For qualitative study article word count should be in range of 3000-4000 words (excluding references and abstract) with at least 20-30 references and 3–5 figures or tables.
- All Clinical Trials submitted for publication must be registered in a registry. Provide registration proof.
- All randomized control trials should be prepared according to CONSORT Guidelines.
Bank draft of Pak Rupees 1500/- (non-refundable) has been prepared in the name of PAFMJ-AMC and posted to the following address:
Editor PAFMJ C/O Army Medical College, Abid Majeed Road, Rawalpindi
(Bearer or Crossed Cheques will NOT be accepted and may cause Declination)
ESSENTIALS TO DO WHILE MAKING THE SUBMISSION
1.Title page will be uploaded as a SEPARATE file in 'Upload Submission' section (will NOT be merged within the article text file).
2. A scanned copy of the ‘Bank Draft’ will be uploaded in 'Upload Submission' section.
3. While making submission, all authors (contributors) MUST be added into the system in pre-decided sequence along with institutional affiliation of each contributor.
4. Each key word MUST be added separately one by one followed by a coma sign (,) instead of 'copy/pasting' all key words simultaneously.
FIVE files to be uploaded in ‘Upload Submission’ section:
1. Article text file
2. Title page
3. Author certificate
4. IRB/ERC approval letter
5. Copy of bank draft for processing fee (non-refunable)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If any of the items in the checklist are found missing/not adhered to, the submission will be DECLINED automatically by the system. No claims of refund or delay in process will be entertained under such situation.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.